Our history has always been the future
The Future Fund is the Whitechapel Gallery’s campaign to raise an endowment of £10million by 2020. The aim of the Future Fund is to secure the next 100 years of the Gallery, and ensure we continue to:
- provide the very best platform of premiering the great artists of tomorrow, today;
- guarantee access to the art of our time to the widest public;
- continue an uncompromising commitment to realising artists’ visions
- inspire thousands of children and young people each year through and innovative education programme;
- engage with local, national and international communities, through presenting and debating the very best in contemporary visual arts.
- to programme with freedom and continue to trail blaze and shape the future of contemporary art.
The Fund has been established with £2.7million from the Arts Council England, providing a fantastic endorsement of the Gallery.
How you can support the Whitechapel Gallery’s Future
Companies, Individuals, Artists and Charitable Trusts and Foundations can support the Future Fund, by:
- Become a Future Fund Founding Partner - join an influential group of high level supporters of the Gallery
- Naming a Gallery space - the Whitechapel Gallery’s three main exhibition spaces and Study Studio are being offered for naming.
- Naming a staff post – champion our team of senior staff and directly support the opinion makers and innovators at the forefront in contemporary art curatorial thinking today.
- Naming a programme strand – support a specific strand of programming, focusing on a particular area of interest enabling you to see the real impact of your donation.
- Leaving a legacy gift– remember the gallery in your will, to ensure that your love for the visual arts continues for many years into the future.
- Donating a work of art to be sold – gift an artwork to be sold in support of the Whitechapel Gallery.
- Name an Exhibition – for £1000 you can name an exhibition in our prestigious archive and have your name or the name of a loved one displayed next to the exhibition in our beautiful glass display wall in our Pat Matthews Archive Gallery.
- Major Gifts – Donations can be made to support all areas of our work from the programmes or core costs to maintaining the architecture of the building.
For more information about Future Fund please contact:
The Development Manager on 020 7522 7860